TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Satellite Radio Technology

Re: Satellite Radio Technology

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:04:49 GMT

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:43:07 -0800, AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Haven't gotten clear answers yet from the alt.radio.satellite NG on a
> couple of very fundamental questions re satellite radio technology
> (Sirius or XM) so I'll venture to ask them here:

> 1) If I purchase a subscription to one of these, does that mean _one_
> activated receiver per subscription? (Or can I be using one receiver
> say on the freeway and my family be using a couple of others at
> different locations in the house, on one basic monthly subscription.)

I have the XM system and that's what it means. One receiver per
activation. You get a discount on the multiple activations, but each
s/n has a service.

> 2) Same question, but if I have one subscription and one activated
> receiver, can I pull multiple stations (or channels?) out of that
> receiver (using multiple "tuners" or "decoders" or whatever they're
> called) and feed these different audio signals into different rooms or
> headphones or audio channels?

Not yet, but I either dreamed or they are close to a unit for
commercial use that has multiple tuners in one frame.

Carl Navarro

Go to Next message: Ron Chapman: "Re: Any Recommendations re: Economy Internet Phone Service?"
Go to Previous message: Graeme Thomas: "Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying"
May be in reply to: AES: "Satellite Radio Technology"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page