TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers Do the Paying

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers Do the Paying

Wesrock@aol.com
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:03:07 EST

In a message dated 2/5/05 11:04:34 PM Central Standard Time,
editor@telecom-digest.org writes:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The 'ones who get caught are bozos and
> amateurs' ... okay, so all the 19-20 year old cashiers at Walmart are
> Harvard graduates with great memories who can glance ONCE at a sixteen
> digit number and recall it exactly a few hours later when they meet
> with Mr. Mafiosi.

Is there some relationship between memorization skills and being a
Harvard graduate (or attaining any other educational level)? When I
was in high school, one of the students had memorized the entire
telephone directory of the small town where I lived -- about half the
size of Independence -- and could memorize almost anything else with
ease. But he was a very poor student and barely capable, if at all,
at making his way in life. I'm not sure he even graduated from high
school, and if he did it would have been the result of a social
promotion.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying"
Go to Previous message: BobT: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page