TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying

Barry Margolin (barmar@alum.mit.edu)
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:27:35 -0500

In article <telecom24.53.8@telecom-digest.org>, George Mitchell
<george@m5p.com> wrote:

> It's easy to forget that, once your fingerprint has been scanned into
> the store's system, now this impossible-to-forget, impossible-to-forge
> identification is stored on their system, ready to be replayed at will
> by anyone with access to their computer.

Anyone with that level of access can probably just insert charges
directly into the database, there's no need to go to the fingerprint
scanners.

Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying"