TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans

Justin Time (a_user2000@yahoo.com)
1 Feb 2005 06:01:13 -0800

Marcus scribbled:

> I do not recall the details of whether and why the FCC promoted
> "called party pays" for calls to cell phones. It was probably in part
> a natural consequence of the inability for the caller to distinguish
> the cost of the call. Possibly, it was in part an effort to promote
> calling cell phones as being "just like land lines." The former reason
> has an analog in the required message informing people that they have
> called a "calling party pays" number, such as a 900 number or a sex
> line.

Actually it was the cellular companies who charged for "air time."
Air time does not take into account if a call is incoming or outgoing,
it only accounts for the amount of cellular resources used to connect
to the handset. That we currently have to abide by "full minute"
pricing should be the complaint .

Rodgers Platt

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?"
Go to Previous message: Earle Robinson: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
May be in reply to: kansaskon: "America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"