TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Format For Image to be Faxed?

Format For Image to be Faxed?

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:29:52 -0800

Pardon me if this is a bit off topic, but I suspect someone on one or
the other of these groups may have the answer immediately at hand:

If I want to fax a B&W or, more likely, a gray-scale image from within
my computer (Apple iBook, using the internal modem), into what format
(JPEG? GIF? ???) should I convert the image and at what resolution (72
dpi?) before I fax it, to get the best balance of image sharpness and
transmission time?

Go to Next message: John Schmerold: "AOL Directory Assistance"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Tripso -- Can You Hear Me Now?"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?"
May be reply: Daniel J McDonald: "Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?"
May be reply: Brad Houser: "Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page