TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Recently Switched to Vonage; Quality Question

Recently Switched to Vonage; Quality Question

rlstjohn@*gmail.dot.com.easynews.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:30:26 GMT

I went ahead and signed up for Vonage over the weekend. Best Buy was
offering the PAP2 for around $60 and then had a rebate for nearly the
same amount. Setup and everything was simple, but I seem to be having
a lot of line noise.

I currently only have the service connected to a Uniden 2.4 Ghz
cordless phone. The base station is downstairs in the living room and
the other phone (which doesn't require a phone line) is upstairs. I
have my incoming ISP connection running into my cable router, then
into a switch which connects the PAP2 adapter to my broadband
connection. However, I notice a lot of noise on the line although
people I am talking to don't. Any advice on how to get rid of the
line noise? I have messed around with the dedicated bandwidth
settings and still have the same results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Robert

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates and"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Re: Steal This Show"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Recently Switched to Vonage; Quality Question"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page