TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: BroadVoice Offers Local Numbers In The United Kingdom

Re: BroadVoice Offers Local Numbers In The United Kingdom

Rob (rob51166@yahoo.com)
27 Jan 2005 08:44:20 -0800

Jack Decker wrote:

> http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/1/prweb201602.htm

> BroadVoice Offers Local Numbers In The United Kingdom

> UK Alternate Numbers Available in 107 cities and towns for only $
1.95
> per month

> Lowell, MA (PRWEB) January 26, 2005 -- BroadVoice, a leading provider
> of Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone service to home and small business
> users, today announced that it has launched local number service in
> 107 cities and towns across the UK, including major population centers
> in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. BroadVoice customers can now
> add a UK Alternate Number to their accounts for only $1.95 per
> month. This new feature allows UK callers to make a local telephone
> call and connect with the associated BroadVoice subscriber.

> "We are pleased to welcome customers in the United Kingdom or anywhere
> else where a UK number would be useful. No matter where you are in the
> world, if you have friends, colleagues or relatives in the UK, you dcan
> get a local UK Alternate Number on your BroadVoice account so they can
> stay in touch," said BroadVoice president David Epstein. "This has
> major implications for individuals and small businesses that want to
> cross international boundaries." BroadVoice already has already
> shipped its start-up kits to customers in 65 countries.

> BroadVoice enables its customers to make and receive phone calls over
> their existing high speed Internet connections, and provides 24 free
> calling features, including voicemail, caller ID and call
> waiting. Customers can order a BroadVoice Broadband Phone Adapter to
> use with their standard touch tone telephone, they may bring their own
> phone adapter, or they may purchase a VoIP-ready telephone set, system
> or headset.

> BroadVoice offers service plans starting at $9.95 for Unlimited
> In-State calling. The $19.95 Unlimited World plan offers free calls to
> 21 countries, including the United States, most of Western Europe and
> China. For $24.95 the Unlimited World Plus plan provides free calls to
> 35 countries, including Brazil, Japan and Israel. The BroadVoice
> Business plan is available for $29.95 per month.

> About BroadVoice

> The BroadVoice service lets consumers and small businesses use a
> high-speed DSL or cable modem connection to make and receive phone
> calls anywhere in the world. Customers benefit from unlimited domestic
> and international calling and a suite of 24 basic and advanced
> features for one low monthly fixed price. BroadVoice currently offers
> service in over 1,600 rate centers in 36 US states as well as 114 UK
> cities. Founded in December 2003, BroadVoice is a wholly-owned
> subsidiary of Convergent Networks, Inc. and is based in Lowell,
> MA. Additional information can be found at http://www.broadvoice.com.

> ###

> Contacts

> Angela Epstein
> [...]

Sipgate (www.sipgate.co.uk) offers local telephone numbers on
virtually all of the 600+ 01 and 02 area codes in the UK at no extra
charge to the account.

Rob

Go to Next message: Erica: "Re: Radar Detectors"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Net Telephone Fees Have Users Fuming"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "BroadVoice Offers Local Numbers In The United Kingdom"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page