TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: MF Tones -- What, if Anything, Are They Still Used For?

Re: MF Tones -- What, if Anything, Are They Still Used For?

Paul Coxwell (paulcoxwell@tiscali.co.uk)
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:28:56 -0000

silvas_clinch@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi everyone.

> I'm kind of curious about the MF tones I learned of recently, the ones
> that were used by the toll network of the 60's, 70's, and 80's to
> control how calls were routed.

Have a look at the Phone trips website:

www.wideweb.com/phonetrips

There are many, many recordings from the 1970s there in which you can hear
MF signaling in action.

- Paul

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Telephone Museum in Eugene, Oregon"
Go to Previous message: wolfgang+gnus20050126T124725@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com: "Re: 800 Number or 10-10"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page