TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: BroadVoice Launches Affordable Toll Free Service; BroadVoice

Re: BroadVoice Launches Affordable Toll Free Service; BroadVoice

Scott Langley (scott@ruralnetwork.net)
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:12:39 -0700

That price of 0.02 cents / minutes sounds very good to me. If other VoIP
companies can match or better that price, I think that would be worth a
press release, too!

Scott Langley

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050118005949&newsLang=en

> January 18, 2005 01:24 PM US Eastern Timezone

> BroadVoice Launches Affordable Toll Free Service; BroadVoice; Customers
> Can Add Toll Free Number for Only $ 1.95 per Month

> LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 18, 2005--BroadVoice, the
> industry leader in feature-rich, low-cost Internet telephone services
> for home and small business users, today announced the immediate
> availability of its new Toll Free Alternate Numbers for its
> residential and small business customers. This unique premium feature
> allows BroadVoice subscribers to add a toll free number to their
> account for only $ 1.95 per month. Each Toll Free Alternate Number
> includes 60 minutes of free inbound calling with each additional
> minute billing at $ 0.02 thereafter. The announcement comes on the
> heels of a distribution agreement announced last week between
> BroadVoice and catalog retailer Hello Direct. BroadVoice service
> allows customers to make and receive telephone calls over their
> existing high speed ("broadband") Internet connections, and provides
> them with 24 free calling features, including voicemail, caller ID,
> and call waiting.

> Toll free service is just one of the many BroadVoice features that can
> be activated by existing subscribers in their "BroadVoice Account
> Portal." Subscribers simply select an 8xx number from an extensive
> list of available numbers and the service is instantly provisioned.

> BroadVoice president David Epstein said, "No other VoIP or traditional
> telephone company offers such a great deal on Toll Free service. We
> are proud to offer this kind of value to our loyal subscribers and
> will keep on working to earn their business."

> BroadVoice offers service plans starting at $9.95 for unlimited in
> state calling. The $19.95 Unlimited World plan offers free calls to
> the United States and 20 other countries, including most of Western
> Europe and China. For $24.95 the Unlimited World Plus plan provides
> free calls to 35 countries, including Brazil, Japan and Israel. A
> small business BroadVoice plan costs $29.95 per month.

> About BroadVoice

> The BroadVoice service lets consumers and small businesses use a
> high-speed DSL or cable modem connection to make and receive phone
> calls anywhere in the world. Customers benefit from unlimited domestic
> and international calling and a suite of 24 basic and advanced
> features for one low monthly fixed price. BroadVoice currently offers
> service in over 1,500 rate centers in 36 US states. Founded in
> December 2003, BroadVoice is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Convergent
> Networks, Inc. and is based in Lowell, MA. Additional information can
> be found at www.broadvoice.com.

> Contacts

> BroadVoice, Inc.
> Angela Epstein, 978-418-7380
> aepstein@broadvoice.com
> or
> J.E. Hochman & Associates for BroadVoice
> [...]

Go to Next message: Jack Decker: "Net Telephone Fees Have Users Fuming"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: MF tones -- What, if Anything, Are They Still Used For?"
May be in reply to: (no name): "BroadVoice Launches Affordable Toll Free Service; BroadVoice"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page