TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: iPod Shuffle = New Radio ?

Re: iPod Shuffle = New Radio ?

Brian Inglis (Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.Invalid)
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:07:05 +0000 (GMT)

>>> http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2005/01/ipod_shuffle_ne.html

>> Is there a way to have the shuttle play through car radio speakers?

> Sure. You can buy a gizmo that plugs into the cigarette lighter for
> power and then into the headphone jack of nearly anything that uses
> headphones, playing it by a very low power FM signal into the car
> radio. Alternately, you can get gizmos that plug into the headphone
> jack and play the sound through a cartridge that inserts into the
> car's cassette player.

> Since there are gizmos like that specifically for the existing iPods,
> it's not a bad bet that someone will come out with one specially
> designed to match the style of the iPod Shuffle.

Belkin already has a Shuffle FM transmitter advertised on Apple's
Shuffle accessories page.

> (Yes, I really like the word "gizmo." ;^P )

Thanks. Take care,

Brian Inglis Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
fake address use address above to reply

Go to Next message: Linc Madison: "Re: Don't Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile"
Go to Previous message: Danny: "Re: Traffic Tickets"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "iPod Shuffle = New Radio ?"