TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Palm Treo 650

Re: Palm Treo 650

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:40:52 -0500

hkelley@yahoo.com wrote:

> I am baffled about the Palm Treo 650. Is this strictly a Sprint phone
> or can it be purchased without a service plan so I can take it back to
> Europe and use it with my service there?

The version that is out today is Sprint-only. It will onyl work on
Sprint or other CDMA networks. Theorectically the phone can be hacked
to remove the subsidy lock and you can take it anywhere you can use a
CDMA phone, but I'm guessing your service is GSM.

There ARE plans to release a GSM version of the Treo 650, through
Cingular. The rumor is this will happen sometime late this month or
early next. However, it loosk like it WILL be Cingular-branded, and
thus it might also be subsidy locked.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: William Warren: "Re: Download Site SuprNova Closes Amid Hollywood Crackdown"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager"
May be in reply to: hkelley@yahoo.com: "Palm Treo 650"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page