TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Level 3's VoIP Services Offer Critical E-911 Capability

Re: Level 3's VoIP Services Offer Critical E-911 Capability

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:27:33 -0500

In article <telecom24.18.18@telecom-digest.org>, RM@THROW.net says:

> ukcats4218016@yahoo.com wrote:

>> How is this any different than the 911 service being offered by most
>> of the other VoIP providers? Is this better ... more evolved?

> It (1) tracks "where you are" while other services depend on your
> programming their system with the data.

> (2) it sends the info in an E911 compatible format so your local
> system computer can crunch it and tell where you are.

> (3) it automatically finds where to send the info! Other systems you
> must speak to an intermediary who has to figure out how to telephone
> to your city EMS, etc.

Rhode Island has the ability to have the location data come up on the
screen from Vonage customers. We're the only state so far. Our E-911
folks are on top of things it appears.

But Vonage has you fill out your location data. System works fine for
me.

Tony

Go to Next message: Rob: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Business Monitoring of Phone Calls"
May be in reply to: (no name): "Level 3's VoIP Services Offer Critical E-911 Capability"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page