TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time

Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:29:01 -0800

Rob wrote:

> I'm still amazed that, in the US, the person being called on a mobile
> phone has to pay for the call if someone calls or texts them.

That's the way it's always been. AirTouch, since bought by Vodafone
and folded into the Verizon Wireless joint venture, used to offer
Calling Party Pays, but I don't think many people used it.

I like being able to have my customers call me without worrying about
paying a premium to call my cell phone. Airtime is cheap here -- I pay
$50 per month for 700 anytime minutes, have free unlimited Sprint PCS
to PCS calling and free nights and weekends, and on the plan I'm on,
overages cost as little as five cents per minute. So I personally
don't need CPP.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"