TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time

Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time

Rob (rob51166@yahoo.com)
13 Jan 2005 14:30:19 -0800

I'm still amazed that, in the US, the person being called on a mobile
phone has to pay for the call if someone calls or texts them. I'm on
Virgin Mobile here in the UK and, thankfully, we only pay for outgoing
calls and texts, as is the case on all of our other mobile phone
networks, such as 3, Vodafone, Orange etc ...

If someone were to call a mobile phone from a landline in the US, I
presume that they also pay for the call, right? So, is the cost of
the call split between the caller and the the person being called?
TIA!

Rob

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Media Files that Spread Spyware"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"