TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager

Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager

joe (joe@wmdesign.net)
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:51:03 -0600

In article telecom24.16.3@telecom-digest.org, Bruce L. Bergman at
blPYTHONbergman@earthlink.invalid wrote on 1/12/05 2:32 AM:

> There are WAY too many variables to make a "universal pager" -- you
> would have to know the radio frequency -- and paging systems use many
> frequencies spread across all commercial VHF and UHF radio bands --
> anywhere between 27 MHz to 900 MHz. You would need to know the
> digital "cap code" address the pager answers to, and several types of
> pager data protocols ...

I suspected as much. I'll suggest the human engineering route.

Thanks,

Bruce

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Business Monitoring of Phone Calls"
May be in reply to: joe: "Using Cell Phone as Pager"