TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Calling Canada is an International Call?

Calling Canada is an International Call?

quickcur@yahoo.com
7 Jan 2005 19:54:23 -0800

I am in CA. I have ATT One Rate Plan for my residence phone (not
cellular phone). I joined this plan because once a ATT representative
told me that, if I do not have a long distance plan, ATT (as a default
long distance carrier for my local phone carrier) will charge me $3 or
so every time I call 800 number.

So I joined. The rates for calling everywhere in US is 10C/minute.
Last month I called Canada. Now I got the bill and found out that this
plan charges Canada call as international call and it is $1.32/minute.

Is there anything I can do? Before I join, I asked the representative
about Canada. He told me that Canada call is the same as domestic call.
But I have no proof for that. And no one want to listen to that.

Is there any federal regulation about Canada? Is that totally up to
the phone company to define it as international call or domestic call?

Thanks,

qq

Go to Next message: D Flint: "Real Election Reform"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "Workaround, was: Google Telecom-Digest Archive"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
May be reply: Linc Madison: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
May be reply: david_esan@hotmail.com: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
May be reply: Justin Time: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
May be reply: NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page