TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: TiVoToGo Service Enhancement

Re: TiVoToGo Service Enhancement

Tim@Backhome.org
Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:27:35 -0800

Monty Solomon wrote:

> TiVo(R) Goes Mobile; Delivers Groundbreaking TiVoToGo(TM) Service
> Enhancement
> - Jan 3, 2005 05:00 AM (PR Newswire)

> TiVoToGo(TM) Service Enhancement Allows Subscribers to Enjoy Their
> Favorite Shows Anytime, Anywhere

> ALVISO, Calif., Jan. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO)
> announced today its new TiVoToGo(TM) service enhancement is now
> available and has begun to roll out the software update to standalone
> TiVo(R) Series2(TM) boxes. The TiVoToGo service enhancement allows
> subscribers to transfer programs from their TiVo box to a laptop to
> enjoy their favorite shows anywhere, anytime. The TiVoToGo service
> enhancement is available at no extra charge as part of the TiVo
> service. TiVoToGo adds to a growing list of exclusive features found
> only on the TiVo service and not available on generic cable or
> satellite DVR. These include, Online Scheduling, Season Pass(TM)
> recordings, WishList(TM) searches, and home networked music and
> photos.

> - http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=45953241

It's a neat concept but typical of today's hype. I have two of the
qualified Series Two units already network, thus ready to go. I
signed up for the system operating software today and the site advised
me to be patient because it would be several weeks. Plus, the
third-party software necessary to make it all work is not ready.

Since I update programming and system software via the Internet you
would think they could make that distinction because I don't tie up
phone lines and a software update is transmitted to my machine in
minutes instead of a couple of hours.

Oh well ... hype is the way of American life.

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: Go Ahead, Just Try to Disappear"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Long Distance From Next Door"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "TiVoToGo Service Enhancement"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page