TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth

Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth

Marcus Didius Falco (falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk)
Sat, 01 Jan 2005 21:25:33 -0500

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. <spamtrap100@comcast.net> wrote about Inauguration
Requires Boost In Bandwidth on Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:00:49:

> Marcus Didius Falco <falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>> Although there are known dead spots close to the White House and CIA
>> headquarters in Langley where wireless signals are blocked for
>> security reasons

> Now that's interesting. First time I've seen a public reference to the
> US Government intentially blocking/jamming a licensed communications
> service within the US. Would be interesting to see the procedure they
> used to get that approved, since it directly violates US law.

Secret exemption from the rules provided by the FCC?

Anyhow, the FCC does not control US government use of the spectrum:
that's controlled by the Department of Commerce.

Go to Next message: Ted Klugman: "Re: Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Provider"
May be in reply to: Marcus Didius Falco: "Inauguration Requires Boost In Bandwidth"