TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Providers

Re: Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Providers

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:44:03 -0800

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:09:56 -0500, LB@notmine.com wrote:

> The new Consumer Reports magazine has a large story on cell phone
> providers and cell phones. You can get better info in this group, but
> the mag has lots of info. Will be very handy for those times when a
> "friend" is looking for info. I think the mag should be on newsstands
> now.

Take what Consumer Reports magazine has to say about cell phones with
a grain of salt. In past "cellular" issues they poo-pooh'd some
carriers basically T-Mobile (then VoiceStream) because they didn't
have fallback to older first generation analog technology. Guess
what?! Lots of phones now being offered by *all* the carriers and
don't have analog. They out and out refused to even look at
VoiceStream/T-Mobile because they are luddites and couldn't see what
was coming down the pike. If you want good recommendations or
information about cellular service look at what they have to say, but
take it with a grain of salt. They do much better testing washing
machines, riding lawn mowers or crash worthiness of automobiles.

Go to Next message: Allen McIntosh: "Re: Telecom Definitions: Meaning For 'Seizure/Seizure Signal'?"
Go to Previous message: Don Nelsch: "VOIP"
May be in reply to: LB@notmine.com: "Consumer Reports Story on Cell Phone Providers"