TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Drill Bit Size

Re: Drill Bit Size

Gordon S. Hlavenka (nospam@crashelex.com)
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:43:57 -0600

Fred Atkinson wrote:

> Can anyone on here tell me what the standard bit size that is used by
> telephone installers to drill the holes for running standard, four
> pair telephone wire through (like drilling a hole through the
> baseboard into the floor to pull the wire in to wire a jack mounted on
> the baseboard)?

I have a 5/8" spade bit, 6 feet long with a 6 foot extension. Spade
bits are easier to aim, IMO, than twist bits. Standard caveats apply
wrt knowing what's ahead of your bit :-)

I also have a "shorty" that's only 18" long, for special occasions.

Gordon S. Hlavenka http://www.crashelectronics.com
Tragically, as many as 9625 out of every 10,000
individuals may be neurotypical

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: Drill Bit Size"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: My High Hopes About Google Ads"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Drill Bit Size"