TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Last Laugh! Doctor and Hospital Bills

Last Laugh! Doctor and Hospital Bills

Lisa Minter (lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com)
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:07:51 EST

A man suffered a serious heart attack and had open heart bypass
surgery. He awakened from the surgery to find himself in the care of
nuns at a Catholic hospital. As he was recovering, a nun asked him
questions regarding how he was going to pay for services. He was asked
if he had health insurance. He replied in a raspy voice, "No health
insurance." The nun asked if he had money in the bank. He replied, "No
money in the bank." The nun asked, "Do you have a relative who could
help you?" He said, "I only have a spinster sister who is a nun." The
nun got a little perturbed and announced loudly, "Nuns are not
spinsters! Nuns are married to God." The patient replied, "Then send
the bill to my brother-in-law."

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Very good! I wish I had thought of that
line when Stormont-Vale Medical Center came to see me to collect on
the *300 thousand* dollars I owed after my brain aneurysm surgery, two
months in a coma and an additional month in the rehabilitation unit.
Ever see a hospital/doctor bill bottom line of $300,000.00 after three
months more or less in the hospital? It almost caused me to have yet
another heart attack! PAT]

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Adelphia Reports Billions in Losses Dating Back Over Years"
Go to Previous message: Patrick Townson: "Serious Vandalism on the Net Over the Holiday"
May be reply: Dave VanHorn: "Re: Last Laugh! Doctor and Hospital Bills"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page