TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Which is the Best Cellphone You Ever Used?

Re: Which is the Best Cellphone You Ever Used?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
23 Dec 2004 06:52:26 -0000

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: On those cell phones with stubs for
> antennas, it is possible at all to loosen the stub and connect a
> telescoping antenna there in its place? PAT]

As often as not the stub is a fake.

Some phones such as the Nokia 5165 and 6340 have a socket for an
external antenna, usually as part of a car kit. If you look at the
back of your 5165, there's a little rubber plug over the antenna jack
that you can pry out.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yes, I know about the little rubber
plug. It has to be removed to use the Cell Socket for those Nokia
models, then you can either use the antenna you screw on to the
Cell Socket or the stand alone antenna, such as Mike Sandman offers.
PAT]

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Which is the Best Cellphone You Ever Used?"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement"
May be in reply to: pfschoeng@yahoo.com: "Which is the Best Cellphone You Ever Used?"