TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service

Re: DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service

jmeissen@aracnet.com
21 Dec 2004 16:43:48 GMT

<googlenospam@netcrafting.com> wrote:

> When I bought my Sony Directv w/Tivo satellite receiver three years
> ago, I also bought the Tivo lifetime subscription for $249.00. It is
> still in use and is my only Tivo unit. From 11/2001 to 10/2004, my
> monthly satellite service was provided by Pegasus. This happened
> because we were in an area that Directv chose to have them service.

> Directv took over Pegasus this fall. My most recent billing from
> Directv is showing a new monthly fee of $4.99 for Tivo service. When I
> called Directv, they said, "Sorry, but we're not honoring the lifetime
> Tivo subscriptions purchased when the customer was serviced by
> Pegasus.". This is a really bad deal. I called Tivo and they were of
> no help. Directv billed me for the lifetime subscription on 12/6/2001
> and I paid THEM for it.

> I'm on hold waiting to talk to a Directv customer service supervisor
> right now. I'll continue this paragraph after I speak with them ...

> Just hung up with Kathy at Directv and they said, "Sorry, but that's
> the way it is."

Something doesn't add up. The monthly Tivo charges aren't a revenue for
DirecTV but a pass-through charge from Tivo, and comprise the income
Tivo derives from the DirecTV subscribers. When you paid the lifetime
subscription charge you were paying that to Tivo. DirecTV just plays the
part of middleman.

Sounds to me like you haven't gone high enough up the food chain
yet. I would try to contact Tivo for resolution.

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service"
Go to Previous message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service"
May be in reply to: googlenospam@netcrafting.com: "DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service"