TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Treo 650 Is Better Than Ever, But Rivals Offer Alternatives

Re: New Treo 650 Is Better Than Ever, But Rivals Offer Alternatives

dixie_drew@yahoo.com
20 Dec 2004 14:32:08 -0800

I just got a Treo 650 for $40! I'm so excited that I signed up for two
more. Check it out:

http://www.power2source.com/index.php?ref_id=642

Owen P. Epstein wrote:

> Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> wrote in message

>> New Treo 650 Is Better Than Ever, But Rivals Offer Some Alternatives

>> By WALTER S. MOSSBERG

>> PalmOne's Treo smart phone has been the best combination of phone, PDA
>> and e-mail device on the market. It had a few key flaws, though, so
>> the company has now released a new, improved model, the Treo 650, to
>> be sold by Sprint starting next month.

>> But the rest of the industry is catching on to the idea of making a
>> phone that, like the Treo, actually has a full keyboard for banging
>> out e-mails. So the competition will be tougher for the new Treo than
>> it was for its predecessor.

>> Over the last week, I've been testing the new Treo 650, and comparing
>> it with two other PDA phones that have now morphed into models with
>> keyboards. One is the Microsoft-based Pocket PC phone. The other is
>> the Sony Ericsson P910 smart phone, based on the Symbian operating
>> system. I concentrated on the new keyboards in these two competitors
>> because that's their main new feature. I have already reviewed another
>> major Treo competitor, the new BlackBerry 7100t, sold by T-Mobile.

>> My verdict: The Treo is better than ever, but the two newest keyboard
>> phones, like the new BlackBerry, will give some new options to mobile
>> e-mail users who prefer different designs and different software.

>> http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20041028.html

> Well you just may be on to something but the market for Palm Treo is
> really hopping. What other PDA gives the same brilliance as the Treo?

> Thx,

> Owen Epstein

Go to Next message: pfschoeng@yahoo.com: "Which is the Best Cellphone You Ever Used?"
Go to Previous message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Cable TV Advertising (was 'Transitional Fair Use'...)"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "New Treo 650 Is Better Than Ever, But Rivals Offer Alternatives"