TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Speaking of Giving up Landline For Cellphone

Re: Speaking of Giving up Landline For Cellphone

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:15:02 -0800

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:41:50 GMT, tom.horsley@att.net (Thomas A.
Horsley) wrote:

> Is there any kind of gadget available to interface with a cellphone
> (perhaps via the headset connection) that would allow you to plug your
> cellphone into it when you are at home, and have it provide your own
> little local phone system over your old phone wires so that you could
> use any phone in the house to make a call on the cellphone and have
> all the phones in the house ring when the cellphone rings?

I don't know if this is what you're talking about but there are at
least two "docking" solutions. CellSocket has a unit where you put
your phone into a docking station and you can then use regular
wireline phones in your house to make and receive calls. There's also
another called "Dock-N-Talk" which works similarly and also has
Bluetooth connectivity so more phones are compatible.

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now"
Go to Previous message: John Stahl: "Re.: Speaking of Giving up Landline For Cell phone"
May be in reply to: Thomas A. Horsley: "Speaking of Giving up Landline For Cellphone"