TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Motorola MD481 Cordless

Motorola MD481 Cordless

Weston Fire 22 (WestonFire22@gmail.com)
20 Dec 2004 17:06:42 -0800

I got a MD481 cordless phone the other day, after charging overnight,
yada, yada, I went to use the phone today. Any number I call, local
or long distance, I get a message from the telco saying the call
couldn't be completed, etc.

Just to check things out, I switched to pulse dialing and it works
fine. So, tone dialing doesn't work, pulse dialing does. I proceeded
to call Motorola support (and waited 30 minutes on hold) and was
promptly told,"Sir, this is a digital phone and you need to call your
phone comapny and make sure you have a digital phone line and not an
analog phone line. If the phone company says you have a digital line,
then call us back." Huh?? Never before have I heard such a thing.
Sure the phone says digital on it, but so do my other two cordless
phones (though not Motorola's).

So did the support guy just not know what was wrong and decided to
send me on a chase and hope he didn't get me when I called back? Any
insight would be appreciated.

Bruce

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "PSAPs Sound E911 Call For Help"
Go to Previous message: googlenospam@netcrafting.com: "DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service"
May be reply: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
May be reply: Weston Fire 22: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
May be reply: Rich Greenberg: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
May be reply: Weston Fire 22: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page