TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now

Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now

AES/newspost (siegman@stanford.edu)
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:38:50 -0800

In article <telecom23.607.11@telecom-digest.org>, Mark Crispin
<mrc@CAC.Washington.EDU> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, AES/newspost wrote (re in-flight cellphone call
annoyance):

>> * And of course finally the "Charles Bronson response": Bring a large
>> battery-powered "boombox" tape deck with a really annoying musical
>> selection as your carryon, and if the cellphone noise pollution around
>> you gets too annoying just turn it on LOUD

> There's a better way. It's what I do with excessively long/personal
> cell phone conversations on the ferries.

> I start mocking their conversation, in a loud enough tone of voice
> that they can hear me.

Marc,

I think I knew you or knew of you, in long-ago Stanford computer
center days (?); and it looks like you've inherited more Charles
Bronson genes, and I've inherited more Walter Mitty genes.

--AES

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: AFA (Flight Attendants) Opposes In-Flight Cell Phone Use"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: USATODAY.com - Airborne Cell-Phone Ban Likely to Remain For Now"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page