TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VOIP

Re: VOIP

Rick Merrill (RickMerrill@comTHROWcast.net)
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:30:32 GMT

jim@giganews.com wrote:

> I'm considering VOIP for my home but realistically, how many phones
> can it support? I've read from 2 sites, 3 and 5 phones so I was
> hoping what your experience has been? Does it matter who the provider
> is to answer this question? I presume the phones are the same used as
> before voip. Just in case, can you buy one base unit with multiple
> hand sets ?

It matters what TA (telephone adapter) you use: some only support 1
REN and some support 3 REN (ringer equivalency number). Remember that
these are the base sets only, so if you have a cordless baseset it can
support multiple handsets. The providers will tell you (most likely)
"one phone". - RM

Go to Next message: Dave VanHorn: "Re: VOIP"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "ISP "Wins" Billion Dollar Anti-Spam Lawsuit"
May be in reply to: Don Nelsch: "VOIP"