TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Motorists Are Dangerous

Re: Cell Phone Motorists Are Dangerous

Phil McKerracher (phil@mckerracher.org)
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:00:43 GMT

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

> I just had two close calls, nearly getting hit by two separate
> motorists distracted by their cell phone conversation...

> Why is it so critical that people must stay connected 24/7?

I can think of lots of possible reasons, some of which make me wonder
how we ever managed without cell phones. Two obvious examples are
medical emergencies (pregnant wife etc) and arranging a rendezvous
somewhere (e.g airport). Things that are hard to predict but sometimes
very important.

But I completely agree that people should pull over or at least use a
hands-free kit.

Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"
Go to Previous message: dold@XReXXGeico.usenet.us.com: "Re: Geico Claims Google Advertising Policy Violates Trademark Law"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Cell Phone Motorists Are Dangerous"