TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Software Should Not Be Copyrighted -- Lawsuit

Re: Software Should Not Be Copyrighted -- Lawsuit

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:39:49 -0800

Lisa Minter wrote:

> By Andy Sullivan

> WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

> Computer software should not be protected by copyright laws designed
> for music, literature and other creative works, according to a lawsuit
> filed in a U.S. court in San Francisco.

> Intellectual-property consultant Greg Aharonian hopes to convince the
> court that software makers can protect their products adequately
> through patents

No. Patents are absolutely NOT the proper way to go. Copyrights are.

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Sprint Acquires Nextel in $35 Billion Deal"
Go to Previous message: Howard Eisenhauer: "Re: What Exactly Did "Telstar" Do?"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Software Should Not Be Copyrighted -- Lawsuit"