TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Radar Detectors

Re: Radar Detectors

Rick Merrill (RickMerrill@comTHROWcast.net)
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:55:57 GMT

DevilsPGD wrote:

> In message <telecom23.595.16@telecom-digest.org> Geoffrey Welsh
> <reply@newsgroup.please> wrote:

>>> A few years ago on a major road in my city, a system was trialled
>>> where computerised signs would advise drivers what speed to travel at
>>> to get the "green wave" of traffic lights.

>> Shouldn't that be the speed limit?!?

> Traffic light timing changes throughout the day (and in some cases,
> dynamically based on traffic) -- this is unique, since it effectively
> dynamically changes the speed limit (and this limit was not enforced).

> For recreational use only.

This was tried three decades ago in Woburn MA to synchronize the rt38
on-ramp with the traffic passing by on rt "128". It never worked for
me, but the variable speed limit might help. - RM

Go to Next message: John Bartley: "Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"
Go to Previous message: Kenneth P. Stox: "Re: 35 billion Sprint-Nextel merger may close this week"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page