TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence

Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:05:50 -0700

In message <telecom23.595.10@telecom-digest.org> Joseph
<JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Then their billing arrangement is broken. The FCC regs are that the
>>> pay phone operator gets their kickback of (usually about $0.30 [a])
>>> for _each_ call. If you (typically) hit the " * " button on the keypad
>>> to tell your phonecard service to let you make a second call without
>>> having to hangup and redial the whole kit and kaboodle, the FCC regs
>>> treat that one as, yes, a second call, with an additional $0.30.

>> Interesting, do you know what defines when a second call starts?

> Why is this such a difficult question? You finish one call and begin
> another one. When the second call answers the second call starts.

Say I phone my girlfriend while I'm out of town, we chat, then she
transfers the call to my parents.

Is this the same phone call, or a different phone call?

For recreational use only.

Go to Next message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence"
Go to Previous message: -mhd: "Re: Radar Detectors"
May be in reply to: Dr. Edward F Gehringer: "Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence"