TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?

Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:05:51 -0700

In message <telecom23.595.5@telecom-digest.org> Monty Solomon
<monty@roscom.com> wrote:

> Viewers would be able to record an episode with their DVR, but there
> would be a time limit on how long it would be available for viewing.
> The executive was pushing for an expiration date that coincided with
> the premiere of the next episode. The consensus of the cable
> executived was that it needed to be between 2-4 weeks.

Interesting. Maybe it's just me, but the way I see if, if they're
going to work so hard at making sure I can't watch their programming,
maybe I should save them the trouble, honour their request up front
and not watch it?

For recreational use only.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"
Go to Previous message: A User: "Re: Strange Wireless Problem"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Is 'Transitional Fair Use' The Wave Of The Future?"