TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Western Electric and Al Capone

Re: Western Electric and Al Capone

Jim Haynes (haynes@alumni.uark.edu)
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:18:59 GMT

In article <telecom23.587.10@telecom-digest.org>,Peter Brooks
<pbrooks@micromind.com> wrote:

> Small correction: the folks portrayed in "The Eudaemonic Pie", Doyne
> Farmer, Norm Packard, et. al. were not successful ultimately in
> beating roulette for purely technological reasons (some devices didn't

Yeah, I can see that I failed grossly to communicate what I meant to
say. Where they were successful was in the concept that a roulette
wheel is, at least some of the time, susceptible to statistical
prediction.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Sprint, Nextel in Merger Talks"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Telemarketing to Cell Phones"
May be in reply to: Jim Haynes: "Western Electric and Al Capone"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page