TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Treo650 v Blackberry

Re: Treo650 v Blackberry

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:58:42 -0500

Mark wrote:

> Has anyone done an investigation as to the specific features and
> benefits of each of these devices. Ultimately they seem similar in
> almost every way. One thing that I really don't understand is the
> email. How does the treo work v the blackberry.

Blackberry is more a push-type of interface whereas the Treo is not
(though can emulate quite well). I will also say that Palm OS has a
much broader userbase and more software has been written for it than
Blackberry.

> I heard rumors that for the treo to work your computer must be on, and
> it must be forwarding your messages to versamail. Is this true.

No. Your computer needs to be on only if you are using Sprint PCS
Business Connection, *NOT* VersaMail. VersaMail is a standalone e-mail
client that can work independently of your desktop computer.

> How does the blackberry work instead? Any information will be
> greatly appreciated.

A blackberry can also work in the same way as a Treo. Either
standalone -- checking your e-mail account independently, or through
the use of an exchange server running on a desktop.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Dr. Edward F Gehringer: "Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence"
Go to Previous message: Ken@PrivacyCorps.com: "Re: I Want to Block Anonymous/Name Unavailable/Unwanted Calls"
May be in reply to: Mark: "Treo650 v Blackberry"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page