TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Radar Detectors

Re: Radar Detectors

Tim@Backhome.org
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:27:31 -0800

Bitu wrote:

> I have tested the spray myself. I triggered one of these nasty cameras
> intentionally one early morning when there was nobody around. I saw the
> flash go off but I have yet to receive any tickets. It is a nice
> feeling to know that I am not driving naked. These cameras are not for
> safety they are all about revenue. I have donated enough money to the
> local police department. They are not going to get me again for driving
> 5 miles over the speed limit.

The automatic devices for slight speed violations are revenue devices
for the most part. But, the devices that catch red light runners
serve a genuine safety purposes. In Southern California there just
aren't enough traffic cops. And, side collisions at intersections
because one car ran the red light is about the leading cause of
traffic deaths in the region these days.

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Radar Detectors"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page