TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Phone Works But Extensions Don't Ring

Phone Works But Extensions Don't Ring

Kevin (kevinliffey@btinternet.com)
6 Dec 2004 15:49:02 -0800

My telephone and three extensions work fine for outgoing calls -- but
ringing is very erratic. The phone farthest from the master socket
only begins ringing about six rings after the first socket, or doesn't
ring at all. In checking the wiring, I've noticed that our electrician
installed 'master socket' plates for the three extensions as well as
the true master socket. Could that be the explanation?

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Norvergence, was: Kudos to New York Attorney General"
Go to Previous message: Danny Burstein: "FTC Gets Settlement With Yet Another Dial-Sleazer"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Phone Works But Extensions Don't Ring"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page