TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lingo Voip SUCKS!

Re: Lingo Voip SUCKS!

Wesrock@aol.com
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:26:26 EST

In a message dated Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:47:39 -0500, Fred R. Goldstein
<fgoldstein@munged> writes:

> And in any case, the Bells are weaning themselves of LD access
> revenues anyway. It's only the rural telcos, who get high fees from
> the LD carriers, who are worried.

This is a tradition that goes far back. When I was with SBC in Texas,
there was a suspicion the owner of one small telephone company had
called a number (any number) in the nearby Bell toll center time after
time all day because the subsidy from Bell would be greater than his
costs.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Bill of Rights Day Dinner 12/15"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Lingo Voip SUCKS!"
May be in reply to: Garth Nospam: "Lingo Voip SUCKS!"