TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: GM Auto's OnStar Phone System?

Re: GM Auto's OnStar Phone System?

Jim Burks (jbburks@hotmail.com)
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:20:28 GMT

Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message

> Whenever I hear an advert for a GM car that features the built-in
> phone system I wonder what kind of cell service they use. Someone
> here proably knows.

> ISTM that it's got to be analog, for the widest possible coverage, but
> I thought this was being phased sooner rather than later.

OnStar uses Verizon Wireless for connectivity. Original version was
analog only. Current product uses analog/CDMA.

Go to Next message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Bill of Rights Day Dinner 12/15"
Go to Previous message: Ken: "Re: Using a Fax Machine on a Shared Line With Voicemail"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page