TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Trial Shows How Spammers Operate

Re: Trial Shows How Spammers Operate

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:44:01 -0800

jdj wrote:

>> Riiiiight. Except it won't work, and DDoS'ing the site isn't cool
>> regardless of what kind of site it is.

> The article makes clear it is not ddos.

Bull. The screensaver is meant to be installed on a lot of different
computers that will be used to flood spammer sites with
traffic. That's the textbook definition of a DDoS.

Don't believe everything you read.

> You really should read the article.

I've read a number of articles on the topic.

>> Oh, and not only that, what happens the first time spam is sent out
>> advertising a website that someone wants to get in trouble? It's
>> happened before.

> Wrong again.

Do tell...?

Go to Next message: Paul A Lee: "Re: Can't Find Linksys IP"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Trial Shows How Spammers Operate"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Trial Shows How Spammers Operate"