TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: International Fax From Vonage VOIP?

International Fax From Vonage VOIP?

Hemant Shah (shah@typhoon.xnet.com)
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:02:30 UTC

Folks,

I am having problem sending fax to India from a Vonage Fax line. I can
send fax to anywhere in U.S. and receive fax from U.S. and India. I
have a Panasonic fax machine. If I use the auto dial on my fax machine
it times out and goes into re-dial mode because it takes long time for
Vonage to make the connection. I also tried to dial the number
manually and wait for the other fax machine to pickup and press start
button, but it does not make connection.

Is there something I can do with Vonage setting or my fax machine setting
so I can send fax to India through Vonage Fax line?

This could be a deal killer for me. I want to get rid of SBC, but I
also need to send fax to India.

Thanks,

Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
E-mail: NoJunkMailshah@xnet.com \ / ---------------------
X against HTML mail
TO REPLY, REMOVE NoJunkMail / \ and postings
FROM MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.
-----------------[DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED BULK E-MAIL]------------------
I haven't lost my mind, Above opinions are mine only.
it's backed up on tape somewhere. Others can have their own.

Go to Next message: Presspley: "Skype and Outlook and Limited Credits"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "'Ringback' Tones May Be Next Big Thing"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: International Fax From Vonage VOIP?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page