TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: A Burglary Foiled by Calls That Didn't Reach 911

A Burglary Foiled by Calls That Didn't Reach 911

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:40:07 -0500

This is interesting. Verizon says there is all sorts of security yet
there isn't any.

I know that at the CLEC switches here in Providence none of them have
active security. One houses a 5ESS and the other a DMS-200.

They really should have checked to see what they were removing when
they snapped the circuit packs out. I do find it hard to believe that
the cost of some of the packs was $70,000 but I do know that the
AT&T/Lucent/Avaya built stuff used lots of gold etc. in the assembling
of those packs.

For those who do not want to register for the NYT and are using Firefox
just get the BugMeNot extension. Otherwise use cottp as both the
username and password.

<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/27/nyregion/27theft.html?
oref=login&oref=login>

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Breaking, Entering Your PC"
Go to Previous message: Angus TeleManagement: "Telecom Update (Canada) #459, November 29, 2004"
May be reply: Shlichter1: "Re: A Burglary Foiled by Calls That Didn't Reach 911"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page