TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?

Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?

Bill Burns (billb@ftldesign.com)
25 Nov 2004 04:23:55 GMT

Andrew Bell wrote:

> Nathan Strom wrote:

>> If there's a dialtone on the line, hook up a phone and try
>> calling 1-888-902-9998. It should read back the number of the
>> calling phone.

> It seems to read back the caller ID info presented, not the ANI.
> I tried it from behind a PBX and got my DID number back.

Googling on 1-888-902-9998 finds an interesting discussion thread:

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=583069
which includes these useful notes:

"Also check out 888-294-9681 - it gives you the voice circuit type and
the number... will even do callback at the end of the call to confirm
that it is working fine."

and

"Here is a nation wide ANI # from MCI 1-800-444-4444"

Bill Burns, Long Island, NY, USA
mailto:billb@ftldesign.com
History of Technology Websites:
http://ftldesign.com

Go to Next message: Herb Stein: "Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?"
Go to Previous message: nmclain@annsgarden.com: "Re: A-la-carte Pricing For Cable and Satellite TV"
May be in reply to: reking: "How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?"