TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: SBC Wants its Cut of VoIP Revenue

Re: SBC Wants its Cut of VoIP Revenue

Adam (adam@no_thanks.com)
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:17:41 GMT

Hmmm ... my two attempts to respond to this thread through SBC's news
server failed ... hmmm. But, I was able to post another thread
through SBC's news server. Hmmm ... hmmm ... hmmm ... something to
ponder seriously over.

How can we fight to prevent S.B.C from reaching its greedy claws into
the VoIP treasure chest?

http://informationweek.networkingpipeline.com/news/53700323

Philip J. Koenig <See_email_@ddress_below.This_one_is.invalid> wrote
in message news:MPG.1c086e3125a444ef98a69f@corp.supernews.com:

Following document is a copy of a letter to the FCC by an
organization that represents the interests of the CLECS (competitive
local access carriers), pointing out the ominous undertones of a
recent filing by SBC for a new tariff whereby they will demand
anyone running a VoIP service over their infrastructure to pay them
a fee. Long version:

http://206.161.82.210/Filings/111904TIPTOP%20tariff%20investigation%20letter.pdf

Short version: http://tinyurl.com/5durr

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which
differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people
are even incapable of forming such opinions. -- Albert Einstein

To send email, remove numbers and spaces: pjkusenet64 @ ekahuna27 . com
Simple answers are for simple minds. Try a new way of looking at things.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Sears and K-Mart"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "The Persuaders"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page