TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sears and K-Mart

Re: Sears and K-Mart

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:00:38 -0800

Stanley Cline wrote:

> What's strange is that the lack of walk-in offices is pretty much a
> Bell/GTE-only thing; practically every phone company that is not one
> of Verizon, SBC, BellSouth, or Qwest -- *including* the very large
> multi-state independents like Sprint LTD, ALLTEL, CenturyTel, and
> Frontier -- has at least some walk-in offices. I wonder what the
> Bells are so afraid of that non-Bells aren't ...

Verizon has Verizon Plus (landline/long distance/DSL/wireless) stores
in areas where they are the ILEC, like the one in my area, in
Victorville. In places like the area where I grew up where they are
only the ILEC in select exurban areas, they probably won't have any.

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Off-Shore Call Centers"
Go to Previous message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Sears and K-Mart"
May be in reply to: Lisa Hancock: "Sears and K-Mart"