TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: EFF: Anti-Spam Measures Block Free Speech

Re: EFF: Anti-Spam Measures Block Free Speech

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:26:33 -0700

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, I gave up on trying to
> maintain a mailing list long ago. Part of it was my own personal
> head problems after the brain aneurysm, but much of it was the huge
> (and I am not just complaining) amount of spam and viruses coming
> through. Now it is handled by majordomo, and either you follow its
> instructions and get automatically added or deleted from the mailing
> list or you stay in whatever mode you were in. PAT]

I can't speak to anyone else, but I have a lot of respect for folks
that stop pandering to the lowest common denominator.

I see dumb people, walking around like regular people. They don't see
each other. They only see what they wanna see. They don't know they're
dumb.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, I respect your position, but I
did not stop handling the mailing list just to 'get even' with dumb
people or make it harder for them. I had to stop doing it in order
to be able to get done here and get a few hours to myself each day.
Add the mailing list onto my schedule and I would just get too tired
as a result of my brain aneurysm. Physically I cannot keep up with
it as I used to do when I wrote all my own scripts for that sort of
thing, etc. As it is now, I am looking at a major repair job on the
archives latest-issuw.html page. PAT]

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Looking For VOIP Provider That Can Do Business With Government"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "EFFector 17.41: E-voting Forensics - What They Can/Can't Tell Us"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "EFF: Anti-Spam Measures Block Free Speech"