TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits

Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:14:02 -0700

In message <telecom23.553.10@telecom-digest.org>
Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com (Mark Reichert) wrote:

>> Walmart is consistently the cheapest on those products, for example.

> What will you do when, no longer able to squeeze its employees or
> suppliers, it starts squeezing you by lowering the quality?

Start up a family run store for people pissed off at Walmart.

A fool and his money are soon popular.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: We have a lot of family owned
businesses downtown here, and at one point we had **four** major
grocery chains here (Safeway, Country Mart, Food Town and Dillons.)
Walmart managed to do them all in. The last one to go was County
Mart, at 10th and Myrtle; then that property stood vacant (a huge
store) for several months. Then even the Walmart haters had to go
to Walmart to get their groceries. About a year and a half ago,
a chain called Marvins out of Oklahoma took over the old Country
Mart store, and they are hanging in there. PAT]

Go to Next message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Email Read in Automated Phone Call?"
Go to Previous message: J Kelly: "Re: What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "What Wal-Mart Knows About Customers' Habits"