TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Lost Caller ID Switching Local Service - Need Explanation

Lost Caller ID Switching Local Service - Need Explanation

Adam Harbour (aharbour@yahoo.com)
8 Nov 2004 17:31:21 -0800

Hi,

I switched from Verizon to Ztel local service last year and in the
process lost my caller id service. I am the only person in my street
that does not have it but ZTel told me that it is not available in my
area. Here is the explanation from the ZTel engineer. Can somebody
read and understand it and tell me if it is BS or true and what I
would have to do to get caller id service back. I really need it for
both my business and home use.

Thanks,

AH

-----------------------

"Attempt to add any form of caller id to this ani not available ;
spoke to repair/ not in switch, not on service order that migrated
them to ztel/ spoke to business office and verified that no form of
caller id is available in this switch/ npa nxx/ spoke to customer to
try to explain there are only a certain # of cid spots in each switch
and per Verizon this is no longer available in this switch/ cannot add
cid closing ticket - have called and advised customer. "

Go to Next message: N Joltt: "SBC Dial-up Internet Modem Speed Only 28.8 Kbps in Westland, MI"
Go to Previous message: TekJockey: "Free VOIP Learning Resources, News, Links, Tutorials"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Lost Caller ID Switching Local Service - Need Explanation"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page