TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Prepaid Questions [was Re: How to Make Right Call On Cell]

Re: Prepaid Questions [was Re: How to Make Right Call On Cell]

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:56:33 -0800

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:46:33 GMT, tom.horsley@att.net (Thomas A.
Horsley) wrote:

> One big difference I have noticed is that some of the plans expire
> your minutes if you don't use them, and others keep accumulating
> unused minutes as long as you keep the phone active (if I went with
> one of those, I'd probably eventually wind up with several years worth
> of un-used minutes - maybe they should come up with a program for
> donating unused minutes to charities :-).

If you want a cheap alternative to regular mobile service you'll have
to play the game of expiration dates or adding money to accounts. All
of the traditional prepaids will roll over any amount you have in your
account provided you put more money in prior to any expiration date.
I personally don't see where continuing to bank minutes is a bad
thing. You'll have those minutes to use if you need them.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Coffeyville Junior College and Channel 4."
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Prepaid Questions [was Re: How to Make Right Call On Cell]"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page