TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Pre-Recorded Phone Should be Illegal

Re: Pre-Recorded Phone Should be Illegal

jared (jared@nospam.au)
Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:38:37 -0700

Illegal would be lovely ... consider the following ... The Oregon
Republicans called me repeatedly on my cell phone ... including
election day.

Calling cell phones costs the person called money, did they think
about that? ... the number is in a cell phone exchange so they could
have checked ...

I asked them to stop ... they didn't ... one person could even tell me
the next pre-recorded call to expect ... they said they got my number
from the elections office ... certainly not under my name as I'm not
registered ... maybe someone had my number years ago??? ... the
Oregon voter registration form has phone number as optional entry
... no warning that the number will be given to third parties.

The stupidest call was about going to polling places ... Oregon voted
by 'mail', ballots came in the mail ... one voted by returning the
ballot: either postal, taking it to the county offices or dropping off
at official pick-up sites.

Anyone in Oregon have a similar experience with junk political calls?

Go to Next message: Neal McLain: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1?"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Pre-Recorded Phone Should be Illegal"
May be in reply to: Lisa Hancock: "Pre-Recorded Phone Should be Illegal"